UAS Workman’s Compensation Insurance and Defense Base Act
Transport Risk can carve out UAS employees of non-aviation businesses that operate UAS.
No Group or Association Membership Required
Transport Risk Management Can Provide Worker’s Comp For:
- Multi-rotor UAS / UAV Operator Worker’s Comp
- Fixed Wing UAS / UAV Operator Worker’s Comp
- Single Rotor UAS /UAV Operator Worker’s Comp
- Civilian Drone Operator Worker’s Comp
- RPAS Operator Worker’s Comp
UAS and UAV Workman’s Compensation Insurance
Transport Risk Management, Inc.’s Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Workers’ Compensation Insurance programs are tailored to fit the needs of UAS businesses including Professional UAS Operators, Commercial UAS Operators, UAS Managed Fleet Operators, Industrial UAS Operators, UAS and Manufacturers, UAS Support and UAS Field Crew Operations.
Defense Base Act
Established in 1941, the primary goal of the Defense Base Act is to cover workers on military bases outside the United States. The act was amended to include public works contracts with the government for the building of non-military projects such as dams, schools, harbors, and roads abroad. A further amendment added a vast array of enterprises revolving around the national security of the United States and its allies. Today, almost any contract with an agency of the U.S. government, for work outside the U.S., whether military in nature or not, will likely require Defense Base Act coverage.
Transport Risk can insure Defense Base Act (DBA) and carve out DBA employees of non-aviation businesses that operate UAS.
Solutions – Workman’s Compensation Insurance For UAS
Transport Risk Management’s solutions are based on two key elements – the experience, depth and creativity of our team, and the financial capacity and market strength of our workers’ compensation markets and underwriting partners. We combine our Unmanned Aerial Systems expertise with the extraordinary benefit of our UAS Safety & Loss Control partners to help your operation reduce the frequency and severity of claims and your workers’ compensation premiums.
OUR WORKERS COMPENSATION UNDERWRITING PARTNERS
- Beacon National
- Chartis Aerospace
- Global Aerospace
- C.V. Starr Aviation
- Phoenix Aviation
Creative approaches and flexible rating plans are available.
- Loss Based Profit Sharing and Dividend Plans
- Direct Billed Installment Payment Plans
- Competitive Option For UAS Operators with No Membership Required
- National Air Transportation Association (NATA) – Workers
- Compensation Program through Beacon National is available to all NATA Members
- National Busines Aviaiton Associaiton (NBAA) – Workers
- Compensation Program through Phoenix Aviation Managers and Old Republic is available to all NBAA members
- Programs can include Foreign Voluntary Compensation Coverage, Repatriation Coverage and U.S. Longshoremen’s and Harbor Coverage, Defense Base Act Coverage
- Voluntary Compensation Coverage fills coverage gaps
Stop Gap Coverage available for multi-state employers
Guaranteed cost, retrospective rating and deductible plans
Specialized safety and loss control services at no cost to the insured
Classes of Business
- UAS Repair and Service
- Independent Operators
- Commercial Operators
- Non-Commercial Operations
- UAS Non-Operational Service Providers
- UAS Management
- Labor Providers & Contractors
- Corporate UAS Flight Departments
- UAS Manufacturers
The following are the most commonly requested coverages available with any workers’ compensation rating plan. Additional coverages are also available upon request. All coverages are subject to underwriting guidelines.
- Foreign Voluntary Compensation: extends coverage to employees of the insured while outside the U.S. It provides for a generous repatriation limit of $250,00.
- Voluntary Compensation: provides coverage on a voluntary basis for employees who are not subject to a state workers’ compensation act.
- Waiver of Our Right to Recover from Others: waives the insurance company’s rights of subrogation against third parties that may be responsible for an injury.
- Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation: provides workers’ compensation and employers liability insurance for workers injured on the navigable waters as set forth by Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act.
- Stop Gap: provides employers liability coverage in the monopolistic states of North Dakota, Ohio, Washington, & Wyoming.